Thread: Dear Hyssop, if your available...

Dear Hyssop, if your available...

Dear Hyssop... Shalom to you my brother,
    Yah be with you.

I have a delima I was hoping you could help me with.
    When my computer had to be replaced I lost all of my notes on everything you told me about Hebrew. The certain letters that come before or after a word.

I thought to write down what I know...
    (so you may correct or add too)
    And ask about others? If you do not have time... I understand.. really I do.

I know the "w/v/u" at begining of a word = and, therefore
    At the end of a noun ? verb? = "his"
    I need a lot of help on the "w/v".

"Y" at the end = "my"
    Y at beginning = "you", thou, your

Aleph: at beginnng = upon, over, authority

(I remember you telling me something else about the aleph at the beginning. But cannot remember "what"... I "want" to say you said it also could be "you/thou" ??)

"mem" at beginning of word = from, of
    mem at end = "plural" (usually)

I am desparate for help on the "tau" at begining and end. It "seems" at the end
    it means either "hast" or "Thou" or >> "thou hast"

And I am desparate for help on the "nun" deal at the begining of a word and at the end.

and why and how the yod and waw are so interchangeble?
    And Is "w" in the middle of a word often > "is"?

I sure would appreciate any help you can offer. I didn't mean to load you down... you can take one at a time... as you have time.

I thought it would be good to do through a thread so others could learn as well.

May Yah bless you Hyssop. May He place His Name upon you and call you His.

Love,
    your sis,
    d'
    "At that day
    shall a man look to his Maker,
    and his eyes shall have respect
    to the Holy One of Israel."
    Isaiah 17:7

Deanna,

How are you doing, sis? We haven't spoken in such a long time, and I have been wondering about and praying for your well being.

I just read your post this evening. I'm afraid that I must admit that I have not been keeping up with what is going on here at the board, so it was by chance that I saw your request.

I will attempt to give you some Hebrew rules of which I am aware in a series of posts that I will send as time permits.

Your first question:
    I know the "w/v/u" at begining of a word = and, therefore
    At the end of a noun ? verb? = "his"
    The "w/v/u" at the beginning of a word usually means "and" -- it can also, depending upon context, be translated "also; but, therefore, then"

The vav at the end of a word can be a masculine, singular possessive suffix (e.g. his) but be careful about that --- more often, it will be something else.

Well, sorry about the short response; I'll write again soon.

With love, in Messiah
    hyssop

Hi brother Hyssop,

Thank you very, very much. I know all this takes a lot of time.
    So as you say, "as time permits".

I will copy and paste all you post in my files. THEN I will load it on a "floppy"... so you don't have to go through this again! (smile)

Yes... it has been a good while. I also think of you. All of you.
    Tell ya a "secret"... Sometimes I think of moving there to be around you guys. (shhhhhh) lol.
    It really does cross my mind now and then.
    Ever so often, I look up realestate in Missourri.
    But boy.... it gets cold there, doesn't it. (big smile)
    It would be at least a year though... As I would have to be on my job that long to be able to "buy" something.

I have had a real time finding work around here... that is sympathetic toward the Sabbath that is.
    However it "seems" (going by my interview friday) That Yah has finally placed me in a warehouse. I'll be a "picker and packer". lol

Well, your in my prayers... truly, you litterally are.
    Thanks again brother,
    Love, your sis,
    d'
    "At that day

Deanna,

I havn't been ignoring you; I am having difficulty getting Hebrew fonts to work. It looks like our best bet is to make sure that we both have the same Hebrew fonts loaded on our PCs. Following is a link where Hebrew and Greek fonts may be found: http://www.biblestudytools.net/OtherResources/BSTFonts/

I'm still trying to get the fonts to display properly and may have to ask tech support at vBulletin. In the mean time, I haven't given up.

Also, what do you think about my starting a Hebrew Basics thread on the Milk & Honey forum? . . . just a thought . . .
    hyssop

Shalom Hyssop,

Yah be with you.

I think it is a WONDERFUL Idea for you to do that! Many, Many people are getting interested in the Hebrew now... and many (such as myself) need help! The books are often too difficult to understand, and not many have the funds or the time to take a course. Yah bless you Hyssop!

You can just write the equivelant english letter if you wish.
    what i do is;

a, b, k (kaf) d, etc. for "ayin" I write ay, for "shin" I write sh, for "qoph" I write q. that kind of thing.

Just write what you are used too. If you are used to the "waw" being "vav" that is fine with me.

I'll keep watching. send me an email if you can if you take it to the other forum. Okay?

Love,
    d'
    "At that day