Thread: Remission Verses Forgiveness!

Question Remission Verses Forgiveness!

Hi Everyone,
    Blessings to you through Messiah Yahushua, My YAHWEH and My ELOHIM!

In the New Testament Scriptures, the Greek noun, ἄφεσις, Strong's #G859 , is variously translated into English according to these definitions in Strong's:

G859
    ἄφεσις
    aphesis
    af'-es-is
    From G863; freedom; (figuratively) pardon: - deliverance, forgiveness, liberty, remission.
    Total KJV occurrences: 17

Please notice above that ἄφεσις, a noun, according to Strong's is derived from the Greek verb, ἀφίημι, introduced right here:

G863
    ἀφίημι
    aphiēmi
    af-ee'-ay-mee
    From G575 and ἵημι hiēmi (to send; an intensive form of εἶμι eimi (to go)); to send forth, in various applications: - cry, forgive, forsake, lay aside, leave, let (alone, be, go, have), omit, put (send) away, remit, suffer, yield up.
    Total KJV occurrences: 147

The basic meaning of ἀφίημι is to send forth or away so it seems to me that a noun derived from ἀφίημι should also have that basic sense or meaning. Let's look at a few instances in the LXX where ἄφεσις is used:

Exodus 18:2
    2 And Jothor the father-in-law of Moses, took Sepphora the wife of Moses after she had been sent away,

And here is the Greek of that verse:

Exodus 18:2
    2 ἔλαβεν δὲ Ιοθορ ὁ γαμβρὸς Μωυσῆ Σεπφωραν τὴν γυναῖκα Μωυσῆ μετὰ τὴν ἄφεσιν αὐτῆς

Please notice above the ending phrase of the above Greek sentence which begins with the Greek preposition μετὰ and ends with the Greek word αὐτῆς. In between we find the Greek noun, ἄφεσιν, which is the object of preposition and this object also have the definite article, τὴν. Both the definite article and the noun are in the accusative singular case. Please take a look at this phrase with the English words supplied after each Greek word:

μετὰ (after) τὴν (the) ἄφεσιν (sending away) αὐτῆς (of her)

Now, let's take a look at a very famous verse in the New Testament where the noun ἄφεσιν is also found:

Matthew 26:28
    28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

And here is the Greek of that verse in one version of the New Testament:

28 τοῦτο γάρ ἐστιν τὸ αἷμά μου τὸ τῆς καινῆς διαθήκης τὸ περὶ πολλῶν ἐκχυνόμενον εἰς ἄφεσιν ἁμαρτιῶν

Please notice the last phrase of the above Greek verse which I have highlighted that begins with Greek preposition εἰς. Is there anyone willing to translate that Greek phrase into English for me?

Thanking anyone in advance who should be willing to translate, I am,
    Sincerely, Latuwr
    The Currahee Band Of Brothers Are Beginning To Arise In The HOLY PLACE! Listen to them!!!

translates too

''this is the word of my will of the covenant of many who is abhorred in the likeness of things''

Matthew 26:28 (NIV)

28 This is my blood of the[a] covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.
    Aramaic Bible in Plain English
    This is my blood of the new covenant, which is shed in exchange for the many for the release of sins.
    Webster's Bible Translation
    For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sin.
    word meaning for REMISSION
    remission
    re|mis¦sion
    [rɪˈmɪʃ(ə)n]

NOUN
    the cancellation of a debt, charge, or penalty:

synonyms: cancellation · setting aside · suspension · revocation · repeal · [more]
    BRITISH
    the reduction of a prison sentence, especially as a reward for good behaviour.

synonyms:
    reduction in sentence · reduced sentence · allowance · deduction
    forgiveness of sins.
    synonyms:
    forgiveness · pardoning · absolution · exoneration · exculpation · [more]

11011247_1457514471236278_1365553675777923142_n.jpg
    THE disguise comes before THE deception
    What would happen if we hired Agatha Christie character to investigate the O.T Yahweh?
    would dear Mrs Christie find that the authors of the Talmud based their ideas on verses of the Bible clarifying their original meanings.
    It is true to say that there exist very few contradictions between the Talmudic philosophies and the values of the original Hebrew religion

are the words the same meaning yes and no

Did you even know that they are different?
    Which one saves you??
    Can you have one of the other two and still be lost?
    redemption/remission/forgiveness
    * Forgiveness restores the relationship that was there before.
    * Remission means to be covered up or retained to not spread, increase or be in the way. But it is still there
    * Redemption means to actually buy something and go pick it up. That is what saves you.

THE PROCESS -
    Forgiveness is thrown in to start the relationship at a new beginning.
    1 John 1:9
    “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”
    Remission prepares the way for you to receive the knowledge of salvation.
    Redemption gives you the actual salvation.
    Acts 5:31 “Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.”
    is forgiveness and redemption the same thing.
    terms related to salvation:
    •Saved
    •Redeemed
    •Forgiven
    •Sins blotted out
    •Take away sins
    •Wash away sins
    •Purified
    •Cleansed
    •Reconciled
    •Delivered
    •A new life
    •Escaped
    •Released
    Forgiveness= expresses the idea that there is a debt owed and that we are being released from that debt
    Redemption =revolves around the concept of something being sold which justice requires being bought back. A REDEEMER is needed,
    Remission= This is telling us where there is forgiveness of sin, there is no more need for sacrifice for such. Remission is exemption from the consequences of an offense,
    THE disguise comes before THE deception
    What would happen if we hired Agatha Christie character to investigate the O.T Yahweh?
    would dear Mrs Christie find that the authors of the Talmud based their ideas on verses of the Bible clarifying their original meanings.
    It is true to say that there exist very few contradictions between the Talmudic philosophies and the values of the original Hebrew religion

Lucy, this is all a little above your pay grade.

Quote Originally Posted by LucySmith View Post
    Did you even know that they are different?
    Which one saves you??
    Can you have one of the other two and still be lost?
    redemption/remission/forgiveness
    * Forgiveness restores the relationship that was there before.
    * Remission means to be covered up or retained to not spread, increase or be in the way. But it is still there
    * Redemption means to actually buy something and go pick it up. That is what saves you.

THE PROCESS -
    Forgiveness is thrown in to start the relationship at a new beginning.

Remission prepares the way for you to receive the knowledge of salvation.
    Redemption gives you the actual salvation.

is forgiveness and redemption the same thing.
    terms related to salvation:
    •Saved
    •Redeemed
    •Forgiven
    •Sins blotted out
    •Take away sins
    •Wash away sins
    •Purified
    •Cleansed
    •Reconciled
    •Delivered
    •A new life
    •Escaped
    •Released
    Forgiveness= expresses the idea that there is a debt owed and that we are being released from that debt
    Redemption =revolves around the concept of something being sold which justice requires being bought back. A REDEEMER is needed,
    Remission= This is telling us where there is forgiveness of sin, there is no more need for sacrifice for such. Remission is exemption from the consequences of an offense,
    Hi Lucy, you need to start with the MILK of the Gospel, which is WHAT Moses WROTE. Once you start to suck on that Breast, then you could begin to explain or start teaching about redemption and remission. Ken
    Col 2:16 & 17 Teaches us that no "man" is to determine what we eat or drink, or how the Sabbath, Holy Days, and New Moon should be observed, instead, The Body of Messiah IS to determine those things, just like what happened in Acts 15.

Now, The Body of Messiah determined that since Moses is READ every Sabbath in the Synagogues (Acts 15:21), the Gentiles would be able to HEAR (Luke 16:31, John 5:46-47), and then do those things to farewell (Acts 15:29). Those FOUR necessary commands that The Body of Messiah determined for the Gentiles, were FROM the Law of Moses.
    Abstain from meats offered to idols (Exo 34:15), abstain from blood (Lev 17:14), abstain from things strangled (Deu 12:23), and abstain from fornication (Lev 19:29).
    So do not let anyone deceive you into believing falsely about the Law of Moses.

Thumbs up The Azazel Goat!

Hi Everyone,
    Blessings to you through Messiah Yahushua, My YAHWEH and My ELOHIM!
    Shabbat Shalom!

This evening while the Sun is still visible in the sky begins Yom Kippur, that is, the Day of Atonement. It just so happens that Leviticus 16 also speaks of ἄφεσις on that Day:

Leviticus 16:26 (LXX)
    26 καὶ ὁ ἐξαποστέλλων τὸν χίμαρον τὸν διεσταλμένον εἰς ἄφεσιν πλυνεῖ τὰ ἱμάτια καὶ λούσεται τὸ σῶμα αὐτοῦ ὕδατι καὶ μετὰ ταῦτα εἰσελεύσεται εἰς τὴν παρεμβολήν

Please allow me to translate the first half of the above Greek sentence:

καὶ (and) ὁ ἐξαποστέλλων (the one sending away) τὸν χίμαρον (the goat) τὸν διεσταλμένον (which has been separated) εἰς ἄφεσιν (for sending away)

Now, how about we take a look at the above verse in the KJV:

Leviticus 16:26
    26 And he that let go the goat for the scapegoat shall wash his clothes, and bathe his flesh in water, and afterward come into the camp.

Please notice that the phrase for the scapegoat which in Hebrew is really the goat for ‛ăzâ'zêl is translated into the Greek by Jewish Rabbis as the goat for ἄφεσιν, that is, the goat for sending away.

Why must this goat be sent away? Please read Leviticus 16:21-22 very carefully. Everything which the Children of Israel have done wrong no matter whether their sins be individually or collectively, all their sins are confessed over the head of this goat for a sending away into the Wilderness into a place not inhabited.

Who is this goat over and upon which all of the Sins of the Children of Israel are confessed? And who is the fit man required by the Law to lead the Azazel goat away into the Wilderness into a place not inhabited?

Thanking anyone in advance that should be moved to reply, I am,
    Sincerely, Latuwr
    The Currahee Band Of Brothers Are Beginning To Arise In The HOLY PLACE! Listen to them!!!