Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Entering into HIS REST.aka - the anointing of the Royal Priesthood [ endless life]

Entering into HIS REST.aka - the anointing of the Royal Priesthood [ endless life]

Entering into the REST in the anointing of the Melchidezeck Priesthood aka ''the imperishable life priesthood''
    or
    a life here without dying.
    John 11 v 24 25 26
    Yeshua HIMSELF will invite you into this realm - as Yeshua speaks to His friends.
    Here Jesus demonstrated for us that we are to enter into HIS similar lifestyle.
    what is that?
    We are to rule and reign upon the earth just as the Lord originally intended for us (see Genesis 1:26-28).
    so~~~
    Entering into this rest, is not keeping a particular day~ that is for the carnal mind religious man aka '' the works to the law of Moses'' [ trying to please an angry god]
    No~~~~ it is nothing to do with the old covenant that was given to the Jews only [ we are told]
    Being anointed [ empowered in Christ the verb power here on earth] a believer is able to'''''' rest '''''in the Lord.
    what IS this rest?

Math 11 v 28-30. - Sabbath resting.
    Matthew 11:28-30
    28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
    29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
    30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
    In the intimacy of divine relationship Yeshua will explain how HIS REST works within you... as His temple Believer.
    It is not like having an ''assembling of people and having dinner later''

NO

He explains HOW A BELIEVER WILL NOW LEARN TO '''REST'' IN HIS DIVINE ABILITY + to set us free and to dwell inside His being here.
    Once we understand this personal calling, we can literally emulate Christ and enter into the rest of the Lord and also enter into the heavenly places and dimensions which ofcourse is another aspect of the rest of the Lord.
    Believers are called to be transformed into the very image of Christ.
    In other words, we are destined to be transformed by the ministry and power of the Holy Spirit into royal priests according to the order of Melchizedek.
    God is calling you and me to be transformed and recreated spirit, soul, and body until we fully reflect Christ into our spheres of influence. So let’s begin to examine the promise of entering into the rest of the Lord by examining God’s rest in the Scriptures.

Therefore
    since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it.
    For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it.
    For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said:
    “So I swore in My wrath, ‘They shall not enter My rest,’” although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
    For He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way:
    “And God rested on the seventh day from all His works”;
    and again in this place:
    “They shall not enter My rest”
    (Hebrews 4:1-5).

Those who worship like the Jews on Saturday have a hard time understanding this advice.
    And they cannot enter into the True Rest - that is impossible Yeshua said~~~
    warning
    be very careful whom ye sit under...
    Your Thoughts Program Your Cells
    A thought is an electrochemical event taking place in your nerve cells producing a cascade of physiological changes,
    How Your Thoughts Program Your Cells

math 11 v 28-30 REST

has to be a revelation IMPARTED by the Christ [ power verb] and used daily...
    HUMAN BONDAGE is to the 5 senses
    These 5 senses are the shell., our body like an egg shell in vanity
    the shell is ALL IMPORTANT to the ways of vanity and did you know NOT 1 THING IS MADE or MANUFACTURED that doesn't somehow ''bless'' the human body
    THE BODY IS '''''GOD''''.
    The human body DEMANDS to be worshipped.
    Math 11 v 28-29-30 = cracks open, this human bondage to our human body shell, to allow THE LIVING WATERS [ like egg yoke] to flow out and CHANGE all situations into holiness and blessings.
    the perfecting pattern~~~~
    it is a marvellous adventure into the kingdom realm.

People will seek Mercy, Truth and Faithfulness in His Sons.
    The Sons of God must be exposed to the limits of personal exposure until they taste the reality of Gods mercy in the reality of life.
    Mercy has been accepted in the outer court as a doctrine and received by faith that “the Lord is merciful to sinners”, but they have not experienced the Life of His Mercy in the stark reality of life, but the Sons are going to be put through the furnace of experience where there is nothing to lean on but the Sure Mercies of David.
    This is for their perfection.
    This is so they may understand Mercy from the inside of His heart, and as they learn this it will be imparted to their hearts.
    The Sons of God will begin to see people as He does.

They will no longer see people through the eyes of Adam, but with eyes, which have been washed with the eye salve of spiritual insight.
    This will then outwork to individuals, to families, to cities, to nations and even to creation itself. ”.

ALL GLORY TO JESUS
    LARRY WILSON
    A thought is an electrochemical event taking place in your nerve cells producing a cascade of physiological changes,

the real impartation of... THE sabbath rest

MARY HATH CHOSEN THAT GOOD PART, WHICH SHALL NOT BE TAKEN FROM HER
    LUKE 10:42
    Now just who was this Mary that sat at the feet of Jesus?
    Was she just simply Mary of Bethany, the sister of Martha and Lazarus, or is there more to the story?

MARY SAT AT HIS FEET~~~~needs to be fully understood.
    what did Mary hear?
    and her sister Martha? both friends of The Saviour.

Yeshua HIMSELF shall tell all HIS disciples this Goodnews........... amen
    Unless this goodnews is IMPARTED through Yeshua Himself, the knowledge withers.

JOH 11:24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.
    JOH 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
    JOH 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
    '''THE GOOD PART = THAT SHALL NOT BE TAKEN FROM HER''.~~~~~This brings us to the real subject of - achieving transfiguration without going thru a physical death.
    how to ''enter into '' this divine calling?

'''the good part = that shall not be taken from her'

Quote Originally Posted by LucySmith View Post
    Was she just simply Mary of Bethany, the sister of Martha and Lazarus, or is there more to the story?

what did Mary hear?

'''THE GOOD PART = THAT SHALL NOT BE TAKEN FROM HER''.~~~~~This brings us to the real subject of - achieving transfiguration without going thru a physical death.
    what good part is that?
    hearing Yeshua voice to His friends.
    what does a Disciple HEAR.
    John 11 v 24 25 26 and the ''GOOD PART'' is His vice imparting [to them alone] personal information for their ears.
    eternal life - into immortal life into TRANSFIGURATION

WHEN Jesus was speaking to Martha HE MADE A DISTINCTION between the resurrection and immortal life here and now~~~~ =the good part
    Jesus is calling some into HIS PERFECT LIFE here.

what good part is that?
    hearing Yeshua voice to His friends.
    what does a Disciple HEAR.
    John 11 v 24 25 26 and the ''GOOD PART'' is His vice imparting [to them alone] personal information for their ears.
    eternal life - into immortal life into TRANSFIGURATION

WHEN Jesus was speaking to Martha HE MADE A DISTINCTION between the resurrection and immortal life here and now~~~~ =the good part
    Jesus is calling some into HIS PERFECT LIFE here.
    We have to be alone with God in finding personal salvation.
    Others may be used as instruments in bringing conviction, light, help in various ways; but there comes a crisis, both in the work of regeneration and of sanctification, in which the soul must be detached from others, and deal only with God.

How utterly impertinent are human words in such a crisis!
    We must meet our Jesus singly; we must apprehend Him for ourself; He must speak to us with His own voice.

In such an hour we gaze on the salvation promises, such as, "Thy sins will be forgiven thee," or, "I will, be thou clean;" but the words on paper need to be imparted into our consciousness, and to effect this, they must be respoken into us by the Holy Ghost.
    No true soul will be satisfied with an inference of salvation, or a dead legal imputation of holiness, or the opinions of others as to our state; nothing less than God alone pouring His assurance into our spirits will answer.

The dear Redeemer who loved us from eternity, and "formed us for Himself," will not leave the pining soul to the second-handed tinkering of others; He will closet us -WITH- Himself {"shut-up unto God!"}, and re-speak into us those living words out of His Book that have been spoken to seeking souls in every generation of the world.
    God longs to give each of us a perfect personal assurance of His perfect salvation

2 sides of the coin

religion on 1 side
    Believing disciples on 1 side

How best to describe this coin
    well...
    the religious + others visit the Drs and the funeral homes as they play their part in vanity
    the believing disciples don't as they live outside the programme of vanity

how do the believing disciples DO IT???

Your life is not your own.
    You willingly relinquished your will, your Adamic tabernacle, and therefore your life is now
    My life.
    Self-will, self-confidence and selfish desires belong to Adam.
    My Life is characterised by thought for others, love, joy, peace, and the plan of redemption, culminating in the establishment of My will upon the earth.
    Because you have desired My life, My will can, and will be accomplished through My Sons.
    But I must test the heart.
    Your life is in testing and perfecting mode.
    You must reflect My character; you must reveal My heart in order to establish My ways upon the earth.

I have not sought to bring sorrow and grief into your lives, but you are feeling the effect of the burning of the Adamic tabernacle.
    I will fill your lives with every plan and desire for your good.
    At the moment I am perfecting your singular commitment.

There will be nothing left of self, so that I am your only strength.
    Once you drink of that brook you will never thirst again.
    I want you to drink until the vessel is full.

When I am fully your strength, you can be exposed to anything in this life and it will not rob you of your strength.
    I am your comfort, - be comforted.
    My eyes are constantly upon you.
    My arm of strength is by your side to defend you.
    Rejoice for your calling, rejoice for the Glory, and rejoice that you are hidden in Me.
    Do not concern yourself with the church, things that are must be.

Follow what I have laid before you and rest in Me.
    There is a reward.
    I come with rewards for you.
    Your anxieties will be turned around right before your very eyes, and you will not remember your days of mourning”.

ALL GLORY TO JESUS
    LARRY WILSON

the HIGH PRIESTHOOD WAS CHANGED... not all will understand as not all are on

the same DIVINE frequency wave.... nonetheless... the truth simply '''IS''''.

THE 3 disciples or the inner circle of Yeshua were/are INVITED to the Mt of Transfiguration = not for the purpose of gawking and talking but for their PERSONAL development on METAMORPHOO.
    aka - changing from death into life - here.

some disciples are ON THE Mt of transforming, in body soul and spirit. [ the sons and the daughters aka the overcomer]
    no not everyone is on this Mt... only the invited.
    how would you know if you are '' the invited''

The fruit would be ''how much, we were able to OVERCOME satan - the habits and besetting sins, and the little foxes that spoil the vine''.
    How much of the REFINER'S fire we allow inside to remove all those nasties, Father dislikes.
    [ the 3 lads in Daniel's firey furnace gives the clue to this process] Dan 3

We are living upon the Mt of Transfiguration -now!!!! to move into the GLORIFYING process.
    The term ''high mountain'' is to personally ascend into a fuller level of Spirit and of a spiritual awareness.

To put this in a different way - a NEW HIGHER LEVEL OF VIBRATION and a removal of this lower level of darkness called vanity/Matrix is in progress.
    moving out from one type of wave vibration into a higher level. [ ascending]
    This is done because some have been called to Be priests and kings [lower case] in the ORDER OF ENDLESS life here on earth and other dimensions.

by ''coming up higher'' a disciple is well able to understand how the illusions of Vanity are manipulated by satan to appear real.
    that is essential knowledge as satan tries [ in vain] to destroy those sons and daughters of God, who were with HIM at the beginning/foundation of all creation.
    THOSE WHO WERE WITH HIM then simply become those kings and priests forevermore. amen

the purging or refining process within, is to remove everything that does not belong to the divine kingdom!~!!!!

daily IN Hs presence............... amen

The Saviour Yeshua is looking for that “one person’ who would notice Him as a person and would give up their entire life just to be with Him and know Him.
    He is looking to find the one that He can completely satisfy their heart and their heart to completely satisfy His heart.
    Yeshua will make Himself known to all those who will desire this.
    He will manifest His Person and His presence to the person.
    This is greatest honor God could give us.
    He reveals his person to us and when He finds someone who wants to know Him like that, He takes them deeper into his heart to know His heartbeat, His desires and His ways.

Martha said ''Lord, if only you had been here my brother would not have died.'' john 11
    think on it~~~~

Lucy, "obedience" to the commandment?

what did Mary hear?

Hi Lucy, the Mary who sat at His feet, is also the Mary who rested in obedience to the Sabbath Commandment:

Lk 23:56 Then they returned and prepared spices and perfumes. And on the Sabbath they rested according to the commandment.

Study into it Lucy, Mary of Bethany is Mary Magdalene, and she is the one who was at the Cross and the first one that Yeshua revealed Himself to, after His resurrection. My question for you is WHY would she be resting on the Sabbath in obedience to the COMMANDMENT, after you say the Cross does away with the COMMANDMENTS? Would not SHE have KNOWN to be resting "in Him" instead of resting on the WEEKLY, 7th Day Sabbath, in obedience to the commandment? Why would she had not been "resting" in Him, the way you profess and teach, instead of resting on the Sabbath in obedience to the commandment? Just something for you to consider. Ken
    Col 2:16 & 17 Teaches us that no "man" is to determine what we eat or drink, or how the Sabbath, Holy Days, and New Moon should be observed, instead, The Body of Messiah determines those things, just like what happened in Acts 15.

Now, The Body of Messiah determined that since Moses is READ every Sabbath in the Synagogues (Acts 15:21), the Gentiles would be able to HEAR (Luke 16:31, John 5:46-47), and then do those things to farewell (Acts 15:29). Those FOUR necessary commands that The Body of Messiah determined for the Gentiles, were FROM the Law of Moses. So do not let anyone deceive you into believing falsely about the Law of Moses.

question

why hasnt all this Saturday Sabbath day MADE YOU AND THE BROWNS AND ALL OTHER observers.................. holy?
    consider this IAH
    you are just as UNHOLY as the rest of this world.... no more no less

if you WERE HOLY you would be different people...
    how
    CHANGED and know how to overcome satan~~~
    but satan feeds off your lives in all manner of vain values.

it is so sad to see a man '' so right in his own eyes'' yet so deceived and misinformed.
    Its like trying to convince a religious snake handler he is wrong about the verses,
    and a Pentecostal devilish tongue talker is wrong and they are misinformed.
    its a bewitching spell you all are under.... a witchcraft spell you cannot be removed from = why??? because you loved not the truth to be saved.

YOU DONT LOVE THE TRUTH - so you believe a lie.
    the Sabbath rest - or true rest is found in MATH 11 v 28-29-30 - that is the new covenant truth - you cannot do this IAH - its impossible because your flesh is in control and needs a day to manifest.

when Jesus was alive and in ministry He ministered to the jews in their places of worship - where people had gathered
    = not to observe A DAY but to preach THE KINGDOM OF GOD.... THE GOODNEWS where the people were.

nowhere in the gospels IS HIS COMMAND to gather on a Saturday as a command = NO WHERE... as Jesus failed '' the Sabbath tests '' Himself
    why not?
    because under the Kingdom of God HE BECOMES OUR TRUE SABBATH REST.
    now this is the truth you cannot see.
    You were all indoctrinated by Herbert Armstrong but HURRAH I was not. [you are so MESSED UP with religion IAH ]

''where 2 or 3 are gather together, in My name , there am I in the midst'', amen

Lucy, you really should try to listen to yourself sometimes.

why hasnt all this Saturday Sabbath day MADE YOU AND THE BROWNS AND ALL OTHER observers.................. holy?
    consider this IAH
    you are just as UNHOLY as the rest of this world.... no more no less

if you WERE HOLY you would be different people...
    how
    CHANGED and know how to overcome satan~~~
    but satan feeds off your lives in all manner of vain values.

it is so sad to see a man '' so right in his own eyes'' yet so deceived and misinformed.
    Its like trying to convince a religious snake handler he is wrong about the verses,
    and a Pentecostal devilish tongue talker is wrong and they are misinformed.
    its a bewitching spell you all are under.... a witchcraft spell you cannot be removed from = why??? because you loved not the truth to be saved.

YOU DONT LOVE THE TRUTH - so you believe a lie.
    the Sabbath rest - or true rest is found in MATH 11 v 28-29-30 - that is the new covenant truth - you cannot do this IAH - its impossible because your flesh is in control and needs a day to manifest.

when Jesus was alive and in ministry He ministered to the jews in their places of worship - where people had gathered
    = not to observe A DAY but to preach THE KINGDOM OF GOD.... THE GOODNEWS where the people were.

nowhere in the gospels IS HIS COMMAND to gather on a Saturday as a command = NO WHERE... as Jesus failed '' the Sabbath tests '' Himself
    why not?
    because under the Kingdom of God HE BECOMES OUR TRUE SABBATH REST.
    now this is the truth you cannot see.
    You were all indoctrinated by Herbert Armstrong but HURRAH I was not. [you are so MESSED UP with religion IAH ]

''where 2 or 3 are gather together, in My name , there am I in the midst'', amen
    Hi Lucy, you should really try to listen to your self some times. It amazes me to see how you disdain the Commandments of Elohim, even when your HERO, Mary of Bethany/Mary Magdalene RESTED on the Sabbath Day in obedience to the commandment. Your logic is flawed my dear, and when you do have your "eyes" opened to begin to understand the One True Gospel, instead of believing the corrupted, delusional gospel of the pew preachers, then you might start to "tremble" just a little. Ken
    Col 2:16 & 17 Teaches us that no "man" is to determine what we eat or drink, or how the Sabbath, Holy Days, and New Moon should be observed, instead, The Body of Messiah determines those things, just like what happened in Acts 15.

Now, The Body of Messiah determined that since Moses is READ every Sabbath in the Synagogues (Acts 15:21), the Gentiles would be able to HEAR (Luke 16:31, John 5:46-47), and then do those things to farewell (Acts 15:29). Those FOUR necessary commands that The Body of Messiah determined for the Gentiles, were FROM the Law of Moses. So do not let anyone deceive you into believing falsely about the Law of Moses.

flawed? IAH -Was Mary Magdalene and Mary of Bethany the Same Person?

speaking of flaws on your comment Mary of Bethany/Mary Magdalene

how is MARY OF BETHANY become MARY OF MAGDALENE in your eyes IAH?

Bethany was a town = Mary lived in = John, clearly identifies Mary of Bethany with the woman who anointed Christ's feet ( Matthew*26 and Mark*14).
    Magdala was a town = Mary lived in = 14 times that Mary Magdalene is mentioned in the Gospels, but never once is she called a prostitute or a sinner.

Magdala on the western coast of the Sea of Galilee in which chapter seven of Luke begins is about 80 some miles from the Bethany where Mary, Martha and Lazarus lived,

IAH you seem to see the gospels through a man made up religious blur.
    You confuse two Marys from two different locations as being the same person!!!
    Your posts present things inside out and upside down.

as regards the jewish Sabbath Mary would have done the usual jewish religious ritual
    however
    By sitting at HIS FEET SHE WOULD LEARN '' Jesus BECAME HER SABBATH REST'' = A truth you are unable to receive

by'' sitting at His feet'' = Jesus trained women to proclaim the good news of salvation. He called men and women to the service of the gospel.

religious carnal hangups... a bewitching= a spell....comes from Babylon

the Christian confusion~~~~
    So many divisions,
    So much war,
    So many ''beliefs'' that fail THE TRUE FRUIT TESTS

*Have you wondered why it is that out of your own family, perhaps, or out of your church background, you are the only one (or of the few) that has received the call to follow on to know the Lord in*the blessed walk of SONSHIP?
    sonship
    A calling to RULE AND REIGN IN CHRIST, IN HIS PERSONALLY IMPARTED ETERNAL ENDLESS LIFE... here and now.
    A new covenant now exists under the UNDYING HIGH PRIEST Yeshua = BY ruling over a new race of humans aka THE UNDYING kings and priests of the new covenant.

"And it was of HIS OWN WILL that He gave us birth as sons by His Word of Truth, so that we should be a kind of first-fruits of His creatures – A SAMPLE of what He created to be consecrated to Himself."(James 1:18)
    Glory!
    the few [sonship overcomers] will never agree with the carnal minded religious church person.... never... they are as different as chalk and cheese.
    why so?
    because the church masses SIT UNDER hirelings and a dying priesthood believing deadly rhetoric from a counterfeit system
    [the''' Jambres and Jannes ministry'''' in the pulpit] of snake oil charmers.

so few know Father's purpose for this AGE?
    WHAT IS IT?
    ABBA'S purpose for this church age is not the conversion of the whole world.
    This never was His plan.
    God's purpose for this age is to take out a people for His name (Acts 15:14).

TO TAKE THEM OUT FROM THE MATRIX.
    TO TAKE THEM OUT FROM VANITY
    TO TAKE THEM OUT FROM THEIR CARNAL MINDSETS
    TO TAKE THEM OUT FROM DEATH

Out from the billions of earth God is choosing an elect company to bear His name.
    The very word "church" means "the called out.”

These are ones who are now being
    *called out of sin,
    *called out of the kingdom of darkness,
    *called out of the world,
    *called out of Babylon's religious systems,
    *called out of every nation, called out of the Gentiles,
    *called out of Israel until there is a multitude singing a new song, saying,

"Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof:
    for Thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by Thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, andpeople, and nation;
    and hast made us unto our God kings and priests:
    and we shall reign on the earth."
    (Rev 5:9-10)
    the ''undying'' preparation.
    It would take hours and days and months and years without number to write of the infinite preparation taking place in the hearts of those saints who are to rule and reign with Christ.
    Since the reign of Christ is to be one of increasing
    peace,
    judgment,
    righteousness,
    equity and love,
    it is necessary that the LORD OF THE KINGDOM should take whom He has chosen to rule as His sons and plant these in the Garden of His Kingdom,
    that there they may be nurtured and dealt with, that their hearts may be prepared to reign with Him in the same spirit and wisdom and righteousness and knowledge that He Himself possesses.

What a blessed preparation!

Lucy, they are the same woman.

speaking of flaws on your comment Mary of Bethany/Mary Magdalene

how is MARY OF BETHANY become MARY OF MAGDALENE in your eyes IAH?

Bethany was a town = Mary lived in = John, clearly identifies Mary of Bethany with the woman who anointed Christ's feet ( Matthew*26 and Mark*14).
    Magdala was a town = Mary lived in = 14 times that Mary Magdalene is mentioned in the Gospels, but never once is she called a prostitute or a sinner.

Magdala on the western coast of the Sea of Galilee in which chapter seven of Luke begins is about 80 some miles from the Bethany where Mary, Martha and Lazarus lived,

IAH you seem to see the gospels through a man made up religious blur.
    You confuse two Marys from two different locations as being the same person!!!
    Your posts present things inside out and upside down.

as regards the jewish Sabbath Mary would have done the usual jewish religious ritual
    however
    By sitting at HIS FEET SHE WOULD LEARN '' Jesus BECAME HER SABBATH REST'' = A truth you are unable to receive

by'' sitting at His feet'' = Jesus trained women to proclaim the good news of salvation. He called men and women to the service of the gospel.
    Hi Lucy, I know you have quoted from the Gospel of the Holy Twelve before, I have also. Here is a quote from it, and it basically states what Luke 7:36-46 states:

Gospel of the Holy Twelve - Lection 11 v2-7 The Anointing By Mary Magdalene

2. And behold a certain woman of Magdala, who was reputed to be a sinner, was in the city, and when she knew that Iesus sat at meat in the Pharisee's house, she brought an Alabaster box of ointment, and stood at his feet behind him, weeping, and washed His feet with tears, and did wipe them with the hairs of her head and kissed his feet, and anointed them with ointment.

3. Now when the Pharisee which had bidden him saw it, he thought within himself, saying, This man, if he were a prophet, would have known who and what manner of woman this is that toucheth him: for she is a sinner.

4. And Iesus answering said unto him, Simon, I have somewhat to say unto thee. And he saith, Master, say on.

5. There was a certain creditor which had two debtors: the one owed five hundred pence and the other fifty. And when they had nothing to pay, he frankly forgave them both. Tell me, therefore, which of them will love him most?

6. Simon answered and said, I suppose that he to whom he forgave most. And he said unto him, Thou has rightly judged.

7. And he said unto Simon, Seest thou this woman? I entered into thine house, thou gavest me no water for my feet; but she had washed my feet with tears and wiped them with the hairs of her head. Thou gavest me no kiss: but this woman since the time I came in hath not ceased to kiss my feet. My head with oil thou didst not anoint: but this woman hath anointed my feet with ointment.
    Here is Luke's account without mentioning this is Mary Magdalene as the above quote from The Gospel of the Holy Twelve does:

Lk 7:36 - 7:46

36 Now one of the Pharisees was requesting Him to dine with him, and He entered the Pharisee’s house and reclined at the table.
    37 And there was a woman in the city who was a sinner; and when she learned that He was reclining at the table in the Pharisee’s house, she brought an alabaster vial of perfume,
    38 and standing behind Him at His feet, weeping, she began to wet His feet with her tears, and kept wiping them with the hair of her head, and kissing His feet and anointing them with the perfume.
    39 Now when the Pharisee who had invited Him saw this, he said to himself, “If this man were a prophet He would know who and what sort of person this woman is who is touching Him, that she is a sinner.”
    40 And Jesus answered him, “Simon, I have something to say to you.” And he replied, “Say it, Teacher.”
    41 “A moneylender had two debtors: one owed five hundred denarii, and the other fifty.
    42 “When they were unable to repay, he graciously forgave them both. So which of them will love him more?”
    43 Simon answered and said, “I suppose the one whom he forgave more.” And He said to him, “You have judged correctly.”
    44 Turning toward the woman, He said to Simon, “Do you see this woman? I entered your house; you gave Me no water for My feet, but she has wet My feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair.
    45 “You gave Me no kiss; but she, since the time I came in, has not ceased to kiss My feet.
    46 “You did not anoint My head with oil, but she anointed My feet with perfume.
    Do you see the similarities? How to do explain The Gospel of the Holy Twelve calling her Mary Magdalene?

I can assure you Lucy that Mary Magdalene is the Mary spoken of in John 11:2, and she is also referred to as Mary of Bethany. What I can ascertain is that Mary was born in Magdala, and then later moved to Bethany, or the other way around, and that is why she is referred to by BOTH places. Sort of like Yeshua being born in Bethlehem, but being called a Nazarene and a Galilean. You would not try to say there were two different Yeshua's would you? Ken.

why do you always assume you know everything IAH

Quote Originally Posted by ImAHebrew View Post
    Hi Lucy, I know you have quoted from the Gospel of the Holy Twelve before, I have also. Here is a quote from it, and it basically states what Luke 7:36-46 states:

Here is Luke's account without mentioning this is Mary Magdalene as the above quote from The Gospel of the Holy Twelve does:

Do you see the similarities? How to do explain The Gospel of the Holy Twelve calling her Mary Magdalene?

I can assure you Lucy that Mary Magdalene is the Mary spoken of in John 11:2, and she is also referred to as Mary of Bethany. What I can ascertain is that Mary was born in Magdala, and then later moved to Bethany, or the other way around, and that is why she is referred to by BOTH places Ken.
    MARY OF BETHANY
    MARY OF MAGDALA
    2 MARYS
    2 TOWNS

a small child will understand 2 women 2 addresses

IS THIS NOT SO SIMPLE TO UNDERSTAND
    why do you ADD your take to the gospel?

who cares what you think and what you add.
    NO ONE.

you make everything so darn complicated and you abuse our intelligence....sigh
    WE ARE NOT INTERESTED IN YOUR VERSION OF EVENTS nor your opinions.
    ALLOW THE GOSPEL TO SPEAK FOR ITSELF please... it is very easy to understand WHEN YOU DONT GET IN ITS WAY

FOR THE RECORD
    In medieval Western Christian tradition, Mary of Bethany was identified as Mary Magdalene perhaps in large part because of a homily given by Pope Gregory the Great in which he taught about several women in the New Testament as though they were the same person.
    SHEEZ
    This led to a conflation of Mary of Bethany with Mary Magdalene as well as with another woman (beside Mary of Bethany who anointed Jesus), and the woman caught in adultery.
    Eastern Christianity never adopted this identification.