Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 64

Thread: The New Testament Sabbath!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Ellisville, MO
    Posts
    2,815

    Thumbs up The New Testament Sabbath!

    Hi Everyone,
    Blessings to you through Messiah Yahushua, My YAHWEH and My ELOHIM!

    I have been searching for a good description of what observing and keeping the New Testament Sabbath would look like, and I offer this description as a good candidate:

    Isaiah 58:6-14
    6 Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?
    7 Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?
    8 Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of YAHWEH shall be thy rereward.
    9 Then shalt thou call, and YAHWEH shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity;
    10 And if thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul; then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness be as the noonday:
    11 And YAHWEH shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.
    12 And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.
    13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of YAHWEH, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:
    14 Then shalt thou delight thyself in YAHWEH; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of YAHWEH hath spoken it.

    Does anyone else have a better description?

    Thanking anyone in advance who might be moved to reply, I am,
    Sincerely, Latuwr
    The Currahee Band Of Brothers Are Beginning To Arise In The HOLY PLACE! Listen to them!!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,611

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Spying View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    Blessings to you through Messiah Yahushua, My YAHWEH and My ELOHIM!

    I have been searching for a good description of what observing and keeping the New Testament Sabbath would look like, and I offer this description as a good candidate:

    Isaiah 58:6-14
    6 Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?
    7 Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?
    8 Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of YAHWEH shall be thy rereward.
    9 Then shalt thou call, and YAHWEH shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity;
    10 And if thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul; then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness be as the noonday:
    11 And YAHWEH shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.
    12 And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.
    13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of YAHWEH, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:
    14 Then shalt thou delight thyself in YAHWEH; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of YAHWEH hath spoken it.

    Does anyone else have a better description?

    Thanking anyone in advance who might be moved to reply, I am,
    Sincerely, Latuwr
    Does anyone else have a better description?
    Well, I don't Spying, and that indeed is a truthful post.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    13,711

    the NT sabbath is not authored by SDA nor Herbert armstrong and the like....

    nor any un-anointed religious professors who clones now follow their sabbath keeping teaching.
    NO none of that form of worship is now legal after the fall of this OT system in 70ad
    [a nation that was deserted by their god.]

    The correct NT sabbath is of a very different nature indeed, and the Book of Hebrews speaks clearly of this REST all New Covenant believers in christ fully understand,
    The author of Hebrews found different ways of describing the superiority of the Yeshua.
    One of them, which forms the underlying motif of chapters 3 and 4, is that Yeshua gives the rest that neither Moses nor Joshua could provide.

    Under Moses, the people of God were disobedient and failed to enter into God’s rest (3:18).
    Psalm 95:11 (quoted in Hebrews 4:3) implies that Joshua could not have given the people “real rest” since “through David” God speaks about the rest he will give on another day (Heb. 4:7).
    [hello Spying, seems you overlooked an important fact as do all unbelievers.]

    This in turn implies that “There remains a sabbath rest for the people of God” (Heb. 4:9).

    In speaking of this rest (3:18; 4:1, 3-6, 8) the author consistently used the same word for “rest” (katapausis).
    Suddenly, in speaking about the “rest” that remains for the people of God, he uses a different word (sabbatismos, used only here in the NT) meaning specifically a Sabbath rest.

    In the context of his teaching, this refers fundamentally to the “Sabbath rest” which is found in Christ (“Come … I will give you rest,” Matt. 11:28-30).
    Thus we are to “strive to enter that rest” (4:11).
    In Christ crucified and risen, we find eternal rest (Matt. 11:28-30), and we are restored to communion with God (Matt. 11:25-30).
    The lost treasures of the Sabbath are restored.

    how?

    We rest in Christ from our labor of self-sufficiency, and we have access to the Father
    As we meet with Him, He shows us Himself, His ways, His world, His purposes, His glory.
    And whatever was temporary about the Mosaic Sabbath must be left behind as the reality of the intimate communion of the true Sabbath is again experienced in our worship of the risen Savior every day


    here is
    the truth about the NC sabbath for the true Ekklesia

    Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
    Mat 11:29
    Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
    Mat 11:30
    For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.


    time to come out from the OT boys you cannot keep those laws~~~~~ you are just pretending.
    https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/god-o...cle-card_title
    Jesus Mind, was filled with divine thoughts from Abba,
    HE refused to allow His carnal flesh mind to dominate over Him.
    THEREFORE WHEN HE SPAKE - the frequencies were CHANGED to create a different outcome.
    alternate worship
    THE frequency energy FLOWING OUT FROM OT god YHWH/YAH - created chaos, destruction, murder, rape, harm and many carnal minded evils to all he controlled.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,611
    Quote Originally Posted by LucySmith View Post
    nor any un-anointed religious professors who clones now follow their sabbath keeping teaching.
    NO none of that form of worship is now legal after the fall of this OT system in 70ad
    [a nation that was deserted by their god.]

    The correct NT sabbath is of a very different nature indeed, and the Book of Hebrews speaks clearly of this REST all New Covenant believers in christ fully understand,
    The author of Hebrews found different ways of describing the superiority of the Yeshua.
    One of them, which forms the underlying motif of chapters 3 and 4, is that Yeshua gives the rest that neither Moses nor Joshua could provide.

    Under Moses, the people of God were disobedient and failed to enter into God’s rest (3:18).
    Psalm 95:11 (quoted in Hebrews 4:3) implies that Joshua could not have given the people “real rest” since “through David” God speaks about the rest he will give on another day (Heb. 4:7).
    [hello Spying, seems you overlooked an important fact as do all unbelievers.]

    This in turn implies that “There remains a sabbath rest for the people of God” (Heb. 4:9).

    In speaking of this rest (3:18; 4:1, 3-6, 8) the author consistently used the same word for “rest” (katapausis).
    Suddenly, in speaking about the “rest” that remains for the people of God, he uses a different word (sabbatismos, used only here in the NT) meaning specifically a Sabbath rest.

    In the context of his teaching, this refers fundamentally to the “Sabbath rest” which is found in Christ (“Come … I will give you rest,” Matt. 11:28-30).
    Thus we are to “strive to enter that rest” (4:11).
    In Christ crucified and risen, we find eternal rest (Matt. 11:28-30), and we are restored to communion with God (Matt. 11:25-30).
    The lost treasures of the Sabbath are restored.

    how?

    We rest in Christ from our labor of self-sufficiency, and we have access to the Father
    As we meet with Him, He shows us Himself, His ways, His world, His purposes, His glory.
    And whatever was temporary about the Mosaic Sabbath must be left behind as the reality of the intimate communion of the true Sabbath is again experienced in our worship of the risen Savior every day


    here is
    the truth about the NC sabbath for the true Ekklesia

    Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
    Mat 11:29
    Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
    Mat 11:30
    For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.


    time to come out from the OT boys you cannot keep those laws~~~~~ you are just pretending.
    Messiah does not say, that He is our Sabbath command, and neither does the book of Hebrews either.

    As I said Lucy, you will twist and snarl the N.T. scriptures to fit your own ideas, rules and the like, and you make the word of Elohim of none effect by your own rules or traditions like the Pharisees of old.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    13,711

    yes he did Elijah you are too religiously dead to see it

    so will die in sins..
    MATH 11 v 28 29 30 the New Wine and the |new covenant rest


    Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.


    Mat 11:29
    Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

    math 30
    For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.


    because you are not His new creation you fail to see its SOLUTIONS...
    https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/god-o...cle-card_title
    Jesus Mind, was filled with divine thoughts from Abba,
    HE refused to allow His carnal flesh mind to dominate over Him.
    THEREFORE WHEN HE SPAKE - the frequencies were CHANGED to create a different outcome.
    alternate worship
    THE frequency energy FLOWING OUT FROM OT god YHWH/YAH - created chaos, destruction, murder, rape, harm and many carnal minded evils to all he controlled.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,611
    Quote Originally Posted by LucySmith View Post
    so will die in sins..
    MATH 11 v 28 29 30 the New Wine and the |new covenant rest


    Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.


    Mat 11:29
    Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

    math 30
    For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.


    because you are not His new creation you fail to see its SOLUTIONS...
    Lucy, He is talking about giving one rest from their sinful lifestyle, but they have to be willing to repent, which you are not willing to do yet.

    Evidently you cannot read simple English, because nowhere in these verses does Messiah say: I'm your Sabbath commandment, so there's no need to keep the 4th commandment as your twisting and snarling of His words.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    13,711

    NO i am not Elijah for when Yeshua is our Saviour

    he actually SAVES US FROM THE LAW = NO MAN CAN KEEP as well proven
    He also TAKES US OUT FROM church religion and washes our lives clean from its filth.
    you have NO concept of the gospel and remain dead in your sins under the law.
    MATH 11 v 28 29 30 - IS YESHUA OWN SOLUTION and all you do is poke him in the eye with your wrong information
    https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/god-o...cle-card_title
    Jesus Mind, was filled with divine thoughts from Abba,
    HE refused to allow His carnal flesh mind to dominate over Him.
    THEREFORE WHEN HE SPAKE - the frequencies were CHANGED to create a different outcome.
    alternate worship
    THE frequency energy FLOWING OUT FROM OT god YHWH/YAH - created chaos, destruction, murder, rape, harm and many carnal minded evils to all he controlled.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,611
    Quote Originally Posted by LucySmith View Post
    he actually SAVES US FROM THE LAW = NO MAN CAN KEEP as well proven
    He also TAKES US OUT FROM church religion and washes our lives clean from its filth.
    you have NO concept of the gospel and remain dead in your sins under the law.
    MATH 11 v 28 29 30 - IS YESHUA OWN SOLUTION and all you do is poke him in the eye with your wrong information
    Lucy,

    Messiah saves away from SIN Matt.1:21, and NOT the law.

    Now you show me where Messiah said: That He saves us from the law??

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,611
    NO MAN CAN KEEP
    Lucy,

    Show us all where Messiah said: NO MAN CAN KEEP THE LAW??

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,611
    Lycy,

    Your words are NO WHERE to be found in the scriptures, and there's no truth in you.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,611
    Hmm, now is that not exactly like the devil's seed or children, and telling people that Messiah came to save us from the law, and not from sin?

    This shows how much the devil and his seed hate the laws and commandments of the Father YAH and Messiah.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,611
    Lucy, you remind me of this person in Acts.

    But Elymas the sorcerer (for so is his name by interpretation ) withstood them, seeking to turn away the deputy from the faith.

    Then Saul, (who also is called Paul,) filled with the Holy Spirit, set his eyes on him,

    And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord/Yahweh? Acts 13:8-10

    O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord/Yahweh?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,611
    Lucy,

    Yeshua Messiah said:

    And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

    but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

    http://www.blbclassic.org/search/tra...andments&t=KJV

    Now Lucy, I have shown you where Yeshua said: to keep the commandments, and WHY wont you show us, where He said: to NOT keep the commandments??

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    13,711

    70ad

    destroyed the whole old testament and all its fleshly rules no man was ever justified by

    consider this
    the damning evidence is Elijah
    as being one of the ''pretend'' law keepers you would have been murdered by the romans sufferng some horrible death and the birds eating your eyes out ALL because you failed to move into THE NEW CREATION UNDER THE NEW COVENANT.
    you make the cross in vain thing
    https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/god-o...cle-card_title
    Jesus Mind, was filled with divine thoughts from Abba,
    HE refused to allow His carnal flesh mind to dominate over Him.
    THEREFORE WHEN HE SPAKE - the frequencies were CHANGED to create a different outcome.
    alternate worship
    THE frequency energy FLOWING OUT FROM OT god YHWH/YAH - created chaos, destruction, murder, rape, harm and many carnal minded evils to all he controlled.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,611
    Quote Originally Posted by LucySmith View Post
    destroyed the whole old testament and all its fleshly rules no man was ever justified by

    consider this
    the damning evidence is Elijah
    as being one of the ''pretend'' law keepers you would have been murdered by the romans sufferng some horrible death and the birds eating your eyes out ALL because you failed to move into THE NEW CREATION UNDER THE NEW COVENANT.
    you make the cross in vain thing
    You see Lucy, all you can give is your own demented ideas, but where is a thus sayeth Yeshua that the commandments of GOD-YAH was destroyed in AD 70???

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •