Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: ''' bribed Spying.? '' [CARE TO COMMENT ON Elijah's accusation Spying]

Peach, be patient, I have to go to bed, and then work tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Peach View Post
    Acts 12:2 is a literally physical case and it is not a spiritual case period.

Please quote the Bible verse that literally says that the spiritual supersedes the physical; and please don't kill whole rain forests with your own great swelling words trying to bend the verses to justify yourself?
    Shalom Peach, be patient, I have to go to bed, and then to work tomorrow. I do plan on giving a review of what has transpired between us in my answering of your question. Blessings in The Name, ImAHebrew/Ken.
    Col 2:16 & 17 Teaches us that no "man" is to determine what we eat or drink, or how the Sabbath, Holy Days, and New Moon should be observed, instead, The Body of Messiah determines those things, just like what happened in Acts 15.

Now, The Body of Messiah determined that since Moses is READ every Sabbath in the Synagogues (Acts 15:21), the Gentiles would be able to HEAR (Luke 16:31, John 5:46-47), and then do those things to farewell (Acts 15:29). Those FOUR necessary commands that The Body of Messiah determined for the Gentiles, were FROM the Law of Moses. So do not let anyone deceive you into believing falsely about the Law of Moses.

Quote Originally Posted by ImAHebrew View Post
    Shalom Peach, be patient, I have to go to bed, and then to work tomorrow. I do plan on giving a review of what has transpired between us in my answering of your question. Blessings in The Name, ImAHebrew/Ken.
    Ken: Take all the time you need; and it's past my bed time already too.
    Rev.18:3.
    And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
    The religious pretend to be of Christ but their character is their true fruits of acting like the devil; they exhibit the devils character, and they can't hide it as Christ said of them Matt.7:15-20.

The Spiritual supersedes the physical.

Ken: Take all the time you need; and it's past my bed time already too.
    Shalom Peach, you and Eliyahu have much more in common than your DNA, you both like to take my conclusions of what the Scriptures teach, and require a specific "word for word" Scripture that states those conclusions, such as "Please quote the Bible verse that literally says that the spiritual supersedes the physical." First, I told you that I would answer your question, and you can stop reading after you see my answer, but for those who would like to know and understand where the Bible teaches that the Spiritual supersedes the physical, you can read past my answer to Peach.

Peach, there is no single Bible verse that "literally" says that the Spiritual supersedes the physical, but there are a multitude of verses that 100% indicates it, and I won't have to kill a rain forest to explain.
    I assume that Eliyahu and/or Peach will not read any further, but for those who would like to KNOW, here is a recap of what has transpired with Peach and myself, and an explanation of how the Spiritual supersedes the physical.

The debate between Peach and myself began with a judgment and condemnation against me stemming from where the Law demands or requires that physical booths be built out of physical branches for the Feast of Tabernacles. I countered that judgment and condemnation to show that the Law demands the Feast of Tabernacles should be observed where Yahweh has chosen to place His Name, which the Scriptures are very clear, is IN physical Jerusalem. My point to Peach was that IF I am judged and condemned by the Scriptures for not building a "physical" booth out of "physical" branches, then those Scriptures which require the Feast to be observed in "physical" Jerusalem, also judge and condemn those who do not "physically" go to "physical" Jerusalem. It is very simple, what is good for the accused, is also good for the accuser.

To Peaches credit, several Scriptures were quoted which speaks about a "New" or "Heavenly Jerusalem." I confessed it was a good argument to NOT have to go to physical Jerusalem, because the New or Heavenly Jerusalem "supercedes" the "physical" Jerusalem. This New or Heavenly Jerusalem is a Spiritual HOUSE (Sion), built with LIVING (Spiritual) Stones:

1Pe 2:5-6
    (5) Ye also, as lively (Living) stones, are built up a Spiritual House, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to Elohim by Messiah Yeshua.
    (6) Wherefore also it is contained in the Scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on Him shall not be confounded.

So yes, Peach is correct to understand the Spiritual HOUSE supersedes the physical house in the decision to not follow The Law with regards to going to "physical" Jerusalem to observe the Feast of Tabernacles. Yet, Peach will still demand that "physical" booths be built out of "physical" branches, and will not acknowledge that just as there is a Spiritual HOUSE being built with LIVING STONES (Spiritual Stones), so also there is a Spiritual BOOTH that is being built with "goodly" Branches, The Believers in Messiah Yeshua (Spiritual Branches-John 15:5). Those Believers in Messiah Yeshua ARE true Spiritual Branches, and these Spiritual Branches far exceeds or supersedes the physical branches. So the Spiritual HOUSE and the Spiritual Branches are just two examples where the Spiritual supersedes the physical.

I also gave Peach one of the BEST examples that can be viewed as "seeing" how the Spiritual supersedes the physical, with the command of Circumcision. Circumcision was first given to Abraham (Gen 17) as a "sign" or "token" of the Covenant between Yahweh and Abraham, as an everlasting Covenant. Circumcision was also commanded in The Law (Lev 12:3), and whether someone was Hebrew (Jew) or Gentile, The Law commanded male circumcision to be able to eat of the Passover:

Exo 12:48-49
    (48) And when a stranger shall sojourn with thee, and will keep The Passover to Yahweh, let all his males be circumcised, and then let him come near and keep it; and he shall be as one that is born in the land: for no uncircumcised person shall eat thereof.
    (49) One law shall be to him that is homeborn, and unto the stranger that sojourneth among you.

Physical circumcision was demanded and commanded in the Covenant with Abraham and in The Law, yet what did the Body of Believers decide in Acts 15? This burden of physical circumcision was removed from the Gentiles in direct disobedience to the LETTER of the Law, and Acts 21:25 re-affirms this. So it should be very easy to "see" that "physical" circumcision that is made WITH hands (Eph 2:11), is superseded by the circumcision that is made WITHOUT hands:

Col 2:11
    (11) In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Messiah:

Physical circumcision is superseded by Spiritual circumcision:

Rom 2:29
    (29) But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of Elohim.

The Spirit, or The Spiritual far exceeds or supersedes the physical keeping of The Law, which The Apostle Paul referred to as "the letter that killeth:"

2Co 3:6-7
    (6) Who also hath made us able ministers of the New Covenant; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
    (7) But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

Now you have to ask, why does the letter of the Law kill? It is because the FLESH cannot and will not obey, that it is impossible:

Rom 8:7-8
    (7) Because the carnal mind is enmity against Elohim : for it is not obedient to The Law of Elohim, neither indeed can be.
    (8) So then they that are in the flesh cannot please Elohim.

Paul taught that he was ONCE alive, but when the command came to him "not to covet" (Exo 20:17), sin came to life, and he DIED:

Rom 7:7-9
    (7) What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Elohim forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by The Law: for I had not known lust, except The Law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
    (8) But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence (lust/desire). For without The Law sin was dead.
    (9)For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived (came to life), and I died.

The letter of the Law is DEATH to those who walk according to the physical, but according to the Spiritual, it is LIFE and PEACE. Those of us who walk according to the Spirit (Spiritual) are not judged and condemned by the Law, for the Spiritual supersedes the fleshly or physical keeping of the Law (the Letter), but, and this is a big but, what ever the Body of Messiah decides to KEEP in the physical, it is BOUND. So the Body of Messiah can judge what the Body is required to do with regards to the keeping of the Feast of Tabernacles, and if Peach IS in the position of authority, and those with Peach are, THEN if THEY decide that we must live in physical booths for the Feast, it must be followed. But if they don't have a clue, then they should be ignored and they should remain silent.

Hopefully this has helped anyone following the debate to see that the Spiritual supersedes the physical. As for as Peach and/or Eliyahu is concerned, there probably wasn't much understood from this explanation, but maybe with time, that will change, and even for Lucy or Edmund. Blessings in The Name, ImAHebrew/Ken.
    Col 2:16 & 17 Teaches us that no "man" is to determine what we eat or drink, or how the Sabbath, Holy Days, and New Moon should be observed, instead, The Body of Messiah determines those things, just like what happened in Acts 15.

Now, The Body of Messiah determined that since Moses is READ every Sabbath in the Synagogues (Acts 15:21), the Gentiles would be able to HEAR (Luke 16:31, John 5:46-47), and then do those things to farewell (Acts 15:29). Those FOUR necessary commands that The Body of Messiah determined for the Gentiles, were FROM the Law of Moses. So do not let anyone deceive you into believing falsely about the Law of Moses.

Shalom Peach, you and Eliyahu have much more in common than your DNA, you both like to take my conclusions of what the Scriptures teach, and require a specific "word for word" Scripture that states those conclusions, such as "Please quote the Bible verse that literally says that the spiritual supersedes the physical." First, I told you that I would answer your question, and you can stop reading after you see my answer, but for those who would like to know and understand where the Bible teaches that the Spiritual supersedes the physical, you can read past my answer to Peach.

I assume that Eliyahu and/or Peach will not read any further, but for those who would like to KNOW, here is a recap of what has transpired with Peach and myself, and an explanation of how the Spiritual supersedes the physical.

The debate between Peach and myself began with a judgment and condemnation against me stemming from where the Law demands or requires that physical booths be built out of physical branches for the Feast of Tabernacles. I countered that judgment and condemnation to show that the Law demands the Feast of Tabernacles should be observed where Yahweh has chosen to place His Name, which the Scriptures are very clear, is IN physical Jerusalem. My point to Peach was that IF I am judged and condemned by the Scriptures for not building a "physical" booth out of "physical" branches, then those Scriptures which require the Feast to be observed in "physical" Jerusalem, also judge and condemn those who do not "physically" go to "physical" Jerusalem. It is very simple, what is good for the accused, is also good for the accuser.

To Peaches credit, several Scriptures were quoted which speaks about a "New" or "Heavenly Jerusalem." I confessed it was a good argument to NOT have to go to physical Jerusalem, because the New or Heavenly Jerusalem "supercedes" the "physical" Jerusalem. This New or Heavenly Jerusalem is a Spiritual HOUSE (Sion), built with LIVING (Spiritual) Stones:

(5) Ye also, as lively (Living) stones, are built up a Spiritual House, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to Elohim by Messiah Yeshua.
    (6) Wherefore also it is contained in the Scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on Him shall not be confounded.

So yes, Peach is correct to understand the Spiritual HOUSE supersedes the physical house in the decision to not follow The Law with regards to going to "physical" Jerusalem to observe the Feast of Tabernacles. Yet, Peach will still demand that "physical" booths be built out of "physical" branches, and will not acknowledge that just as there is a Spiritual HOUSE being built with LIVING STONES (Spiritual Stones), so also there is a Spiritual BOOTH that is being built with "goodly" Branches, The Believers in Messiah Yeshua (Spiritual Branches-John 15:5). Those Believers in Messiah Yeshua ARE true Spiritual Branches, and these Spiritual Branches far exceeds or supersedes the physical branches. So the Spiritual HOUSE and the Spiritual Branches are just two examples where the Spiritual supersedes the physical.

I also gave Peach one of the BEST examples that can be viewed as "seeing" how the Spiritual supersedes the physical, with the command of Circumcision. Circumcision was first given to Abraham (Gen 17) as a "sign" or "token" of the Covenant between Yahweh and Abraham, as an everlasting Covenant. Circumcision was also commanded in The Law (Lev 12:3), and whether someone was Hebrew (Jew) or Gentile, The Law commanded male circumcision to be able to eat of the Passover:

(48) And when a stranger shall sojourn with thee, and will keep The Passover to Yahweh, let all his males be circumcised, and then let him come near and keep it; and he shall be as one that is born in the land: for no uncircumcised person shall eat thereof.
    (49) One law shall be to him that is homeborn, and unto the stranger that sojourneth among you.

Physical circumcision was demanded and commanded in the Covenant with Abraham and in The Law, yet what did the Body of Believers decide in Acts 15? This burden of physical circumcision was removed from the Gentiles in direct disobedience to the LETTER of the Law, and Acts 21:25 re-affirms this. So it should be very easy to "see" that "physical" circumcision that is made WITH hands (Eph 2:11), is superseded by the circumcision that is made WITHOUT hands:

(11) In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Messiah:

(29) But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of Elohim.

The Spirit, or The Spiritual far exceeds or supersedes the physical keeping of The Law, which The Apostle Paul referred to as "the letter that killeth:"

(6) Who also hath made us able ministers of the New Covenant; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
    (7) But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

Now you have to ask, why does the letter of the Law kill? It is because the FLESH cannot and will not obey, that it is impossible:

(7) Because the carnal mind is enmity against Elohim : for it is not obedient to The Law of Elohim, neither indeed can be.

Paul taught that he was ONCE alive, but when the command came to him "not to covet" (Exo 20:17), sin came to life, and he DIED:

(7) What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Elohim forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by The Law: for I had not known lust, except The Law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
    (8) But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence (lust/desire). For without The Law sin was dead.
    (9)For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived (came to life), and I died.

The letter of the Law is DEATH to those who walk according to the physical, but according to the Spiritual, it is LIFE and PEACE. Those of us who walk according to the Spirit (Spiritual) are not judged and condemned by the Law, for the Spiritual supersedes the fleshly or physical keeping of the Law (the Letter), but, and this is a big but, what ever the Body of Messiah decides to KEEP in the physical, it is BOUND. So the Body of Messiah can judge what the Body is required to do with regards to the keeping of the Feast of Tabernacles, and if Peach IS in the position of authority, and those with Peach are, THEN if THEY decide that we must live in physical booths for the Feast, it must be followed. But if they don't have a clue, then they should be ignored and they should remain silent.

Hopefully this has helped anyone following the debate to see that the Spiritual supersedes the physical. As for as Peach and/or Eliyahu is concerned, there probably wasn't much understood from this explanation, but maybe with time, that will change, and even for Lucy or Edmund. Blessings in The Name, ImAHebrew/Ken.
    Ken,

Why do you attribute the things that Peach writes to me, and did I not say this to Peach earlier in this thread?

Peach,

Also, it is the spiritual intent Romans 7:14 of this feast law and what it pictures that really matters, and NOT the oldness of the letter Romans 7:6.
    Also, the spiritual will not completely CONTRADICT the letter nor change its intent as you and Spying do, and here below are examples of this.

Messiah said: Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. Matthew 5:27-28.

Does That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. CONTRADICT Thou shalt not commit adultery: or change its intent?

And does being circumcised of the heart not a literal circumcision, and does it change the meaning of circumcision? Is it not a literal circumcision of the heart and not of the penis?

Also, do you still not eat UNLAVENED BREAD during that feast, or do you disregard it in favor of its spiritual meaning, or do you observe it because of its spiritual meaning and command?

I think you should get the picture, and maybe I should attribute the things Lucy and Spying says to you too.

Also Ken,

I asked YOU and Spying about a year or two ago to please tell me the spiritual intent of this commandment below, and neither of you even responded, and do you or Spying want to tell me now according to the scriptures?

Honour thy father and thy mother.

http://www.blbclassic.org/search/tra...her&t=KJV&sf=5

I have not taught much on the spiritual intent of the scriptures, and when I do, most people will be like lost balls in high weeds.

I have to keep to my word.

Shalom Everyone, I told Eliyahu that I would not answer any more of his questions unless he agrees to start expounding or explaining the meaning of the Scriptures. Eliyahu does not want to explain what he teaches in a forthright manner, and I truly would desire that he changes his tactic with me. He has recently told me that he has not "taught much on the spiritual intent of the Scriptures," but for him to do this, he will have to become like Spying and myself, because most of the Spiritual intent of the Scriptures is not "word for word" spelled out in the Scriptures, and it takes expounding or explaining the Spiritual intent as Yeshua did with His Disciples on the road to Emmaus, and later that evening when He "opened" the Spiritual intent of the Scriptures to them.

So it is my hope that Eliyahu will change and agree to start teaching us concerning the spiritual intent of the Scriptures. The first thing he could do is to inform us that the Spiritual does supersede the physical, as he does seem to indicate in his last two posts. I would love to have a better open, honest, and sincere discussion with him. Blessings in The Name, ImAHebrew/Ken.

Is the Spirit not literally a physical Spirit?

Peach, there is no single Bible verse that "literally" says that the Spiritual supersedes the physical

Peach, there is no single Bible verse that "literally" says that the Spiritual supersedes the physical
    At least you admitted to the truth; and evidently you must think that you can put the apostle Paul's words above the words of Christ, and I'm not in a debate with U as U think; I'm merely revealing a truth to U that U do not want, and I will let the Bible itself correct your thinking as time permits and IF your brother does not BAN me in his vanity of being challenged.

Circumcision of the heart is also taught in the law; and is it not also a literal circumcision too?

Deut.10:16.
    Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked.
    Deut.30:6.
    And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.
    And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
    The religious pretend to be of Christ but their character is their true fruits of acting like the devil; they exhibit the devils character, and they can't hide it as Christ said of them Matt.7:15-20.

Part 2.

Lk.24:37, 39.
    But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit. Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
    I Cor.15:45-47.
    And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam-Christ was made a quickening spirit. Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
    And Elijah is correct; the spiritual meaning will not contradict the literal meaning.

Shalom Everyone, I told Eliyahu that I would not answer any more of his questions unless he agrees to start expounding or explaining the meaning of the Scriptures. Eliyahu does not want to explain what he teaches in a forthright manner, and I truly would desire that he changes his tactic with me. He has recently told me that he has not "taught much on the spiritual intent of the Scriptures," but for him to do this, he will have to become like Spying and myself, because most of the Spiritual intent of the Scriptures is not "word for word" spelled out in the Scriptures, and it takes expounding or explaining the Spiritual intent as Yeshua did with His Disciples on the road to Emmaus, and later that evening when He "opened" the Spiritual intent of the Scriptures to them.

So it is my hope that Eliyahu will change and agree to start teaching us concerning the spiritual intent of the Scriptures. The first thing he could do is to inform us that the Spiritual does supersede the physical, as he does seem to indicate in his last two posts. I would love to have a better open, honest, and sincere discussion with him. Blessings in The Name, ImAHebrew/Ken.
    Well Ken, what is it that you don't understand of the scriptures explaining itself?

Trust in YAHWEH with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. Proverbs 3:5.

I do not lean on the arm of flesh or my own understanding as you and Spying do.

You already broke your word a while back in trying to answer a question of mine, and what is Spying's reason for not answering?

I asked YOU and Spying about a year or two ago to please tell me the spiritual intent of this commandment below, and neither of you even responded, and do you or Spying want to tell me now according to the scriptures?

Also Ken,

The apostle Paul forbade others to do as you and Spying do to his words and Epistles.

That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. 2 Thessalonians 2:2.

It is evident that others were writing this assembly letters as if it was from Paul and subverting his words.

Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle. 2 Thessalonians 2:15.

Paul NEVER said, to believe others own words ABOUT his Epistle.

And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed. 2 Thessalonians 3:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliyah View Post
    Also Ken,

The apostle Paul forbade others to do as you and Spying do to his words and Epistles.

That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. 2 Thessalonians 2:2.

It is evident that others were writing this assembly letters as if it was from Paul and subverting his words.

Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle. 2 Thessalonians 2:15.

And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed. 2 Thessalonians 3:14.
    Elijah: I never knew that was written by Paul; I must have read right over it never noticing it, thanks, I will make a note of this by Paul.

Elijah: I never knew that was written by Paul; I must have read right over it never noticing it, thanks, I will make a note of this by Paul.
    Peach,

I liked how you pointed out circumcision of the heart is taught in the law, and most of traditional Christianity and their preachers will say the law is not to be kept.

I can hear them say, Why now it is the circumcision of the heart as the new testament teaches, why we can't obey that old law.

I can't help but laugh at such ignorance of supposedly men of God, as they will claim.

I'm sorry Eliyahu.

Well Ken, what is it that you don't understand of the scriptures explaining itself?

Trust in YAHWEH with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. Proverbs 3:5.

I do not lean on the arm of flesh or my own understanding as you and Spying do.

You already broke your word a while back in trying to answer a question of mine, and what is Spying's reason for not answering?

Shalom Eliyahu, I'm sorry, you have thrown it up in my face several times before when I did slip up and answered a question of yours, and I will try to not let that happen anymore, at least until you agree to give us your heart felt understanding about what can be "opened" in the Scriptures. Example: Expound the Spiritual intent of "turning the hearts of the fathers to the children and the hearts of the children to their fathers?" Can you explain that, or will you just try to quote Mal 4:6 and say that "it" explains itself? Come on Eliyahu, do you not desire a discourse? Blessings in The Name, ImAHebrew/Ken.

Also Ken,

Well Ken, you and Spying have the same D.N.A in ignoring the apostle Paul's words and not answering the questions.

PS: Why do you ask me questions when you don't intend to answer mine, same D.N.A. as Spying?

Smile

Ken,
    Shalom Eliyahu, I'm sorry, you have thrown it up in my face several times before when I did slip up and answered a question of yours, and I will try to not let that happen anymore,
    I only brought it up when you slipped up the other day.